Be part of a diverse global student group learning about business in one of the world’s greatest cities. The International MBA is our premier Master's degree designed to help you build a brilliant career.
You will receive teaching in the essential areas of business, along with critical workplace skills that are vital to success in the rapidly changing global environment. The course develops the competencies and character qualities you need, in addition to the teaching of specialist knowledge. This programme is available to individuals with at least two years’ work experience gained during undergraduate studies or otherwise.
- An international programme that brings together real-life examples from international cultures, markets, and industries
- Developed in conjunction with a range of business sectors
- The opportunity to work on live business simulations
- Optional 18-month programme which includes the Employability Skills and Academic Practice (ESAP) module*, designed to enhance your employability with potential work experience while you complete your Master’s
- Our faculty have valuable experience from working in Fortune 500 firms and other entrepreneurial companies - bringing the workplace into the classroom
- Benefit from BPP University’s educational approach - where professionals teach professionals
- You will earn a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) level 7 Certificate at the same time as your MBA
Your International MBA
The world of business is driven by teamwork. The International MBA has a strong emphasis on group work and practical learning. The development of these skills begins in week one during the ‘Boot Camp’ sessions, focusing on individual contributions and recognition when building group processes. The same approach runs through our lectures, tutorial support, assignments and live business simulations. You will also find this when you complete the Employability Skills & Academic Practice (ESAP)* module or the Business Project.
Our approach means that the professionals teach the professionals. The International MBA is delivered in a distinctive and innovative way that will strengthen your current knowledge and skill set. The driving force behind this is to develop business skills that can last, and be developed, over a professional lifetime. Our programme adopts a building block approach and focuses on five key pillars from day one:
Pillar 1: Boot Camp
Our essential training week brings students together on an equal footing from day one. The knowledge acquired at Boot Camp also contributes towards the first study module: ‘Organisational Context’.
Pillar 2: Live Business Simulation(s)
Specific modules of the programme also feature ‘business simulation’ games. This puts the theory you have learned in to practice. Teams of students work within a competitive scenario, where you apply skills in key areas such as strategy development and decision-making. Business simulations take place in your own time, allowing you to forge strong relationships and networks throughout the course. This can form a basis for learning from peers and developing international business contacts.
Pillar 3: Assessment Strategy
You are assessed through a number of means including examinations, reflective statements, and coursework. Business games, presentations, peer assessments and group assignments will also be used to assess your academic, professional and practical skills.
Pillar 4: Contextual Capability Building
Our faculty has a wealth of business experience from a number of global markets. We believe in teaching the professions with tutors that have been there and done it. Many come with backgrounds from multinational Fortune 500 firms, others with experience in entrepreneurial pursuits and not-for-profit sectors. That is why our tutors embrace a practical hands-on approach, which is relevant to real business situations.
Employability Skills and Academic Practice module (ESAP)*
Our Employability Skills and Academic Practice module (ESAP)* is designed to enhance your employability by developing career-ready transferable skills. This module is part of the 18-month full-time programme, which gives you the opportunity to complete your Master’s with practical work experience. This can be through paid or unpaid employment, a short-term internship, employer-led or Professional Body project, consultancy work or volunteering.
On successful completion of BPP University's International MBA, you will also be eligible to receive a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Certificate.
Students wishing to study the International MBA will require:
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours degree from the UK or a recognized overseas university or an equivalent international qualification; or
- An acceptable professional qualification equivalent such as the CMI, ILM, CIM at level 6 or above; or
- A minimum of two-years of work experience (which may have been gained concurrently with studies). Proof will be required
Following a review of applications, candidates may be required to:
- Attend a face-to-face or Skype interview; or
- Take part in a telephone interview; or
- Submit a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of 580 or above
If you do not think you meet the entry requirements but have other qualifications or work experience, please contact us and we can review your options
If your first language is not English you will need an IELTS level 6.5 (overall) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6.0 in all components in addition to the above entry requirements.
If you have the minimum of 6.0 in any component, you will be required to attend In-sessional Study Skills Support classes, alongside the programme during the first term of studies, at no additional cost.
The University's aims are to promote excellence in professional education by being forward-thinking, progressive and innovative, to bridge the gap between education and professional practice, to inspi ... Tovább